1. Word of Mouth Advertising – You can tell your friends and family members about your website and ask them to give both the constructive and positive feedback.
2. Discussion Boards and Forums -You can always participate in the discussions related to the same niche as your site and provide your link to your site at the bottom as the source. Remember that the discussion shouldn’t appeal as the promotion of your site to the users. Don’t spam with your links.
3. Social Media-Social media plays an important role in site promotion. You can create a fan page about your website or blog in Facebook and attract the followers who are more interested in your product/Service. You can tweet about your website to the people who are interested in your service or product. The more the followers the more the traffic. Try to put some popular social networking widgets or gadgets so that more people follow you.
4. Website link in the E-mails-This is the easiest way to promote your blog or website. Whenever you send a mail to any one the site link should be placed at the bottom. You can make it as default. The mail recipient may open it intentionally or unintentionally. Automatically the process becomes viral.
5. Social Bookmarking-When an user finds any of your articles on your blog or site useful then he/she wants to share it to the world. It can be possible through social bookmarking. There are pretty bunch of social bookmarking sites like Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Delicious etc which enables users to share the posts. Try to write the unique and useful content so that more traffic generates from the sharing.
6. Article Marketing-Write and Submit original articles to different article directory websites like EzineArticles, HubPages, AricleBase etc. The articles should be rich and relevant to your website content. Along with the articles you have the facility to put your site link as the source. The benefits of it is that you can get tremendous exposure to your articles which indirectly drives traffic to your website.
7. Video Marketing-You can make your own videos presenting about the product or service related to your website and upload it to the free video hosting websites like YouTube. Create your own channel and put your site link on each and every video you upload. Literally YouTube has got millions of subscribers which can make your video more viral.